So Very Pretty Archive

Sunday 8 April 2012

Let's get started ♥

I cannot tell you how nervous I feel about writing my first ever blog post! Which is ridiculous considering no one is probabaly ever going to read it, but I'm one of those people who opens up a new notebook or sketch pad and feels like the first page MUST be perfect. As if the appearance of the whole book depends upon that one page! In reality you could always tear it out if you do make a mistake, but that would ruin the fun of it! :)

I'll start by writing a little bit about myself, but where to start? I've grown up in Dubai my whole life and am still living here today.
For anyone who imagines life here being constant sun bathing, eating out in seven star hotels and casually bumping into celebrities, the reality is slightly different. Granted the weather is beautiful and it's nearly always sunny, but occassionally we get those REALLYY cold days of about 17 degress, shocking I know! There are shopping malls almost everywhere you turn...however *sniffs* there is NO PRIMARK *sniffs*. You can imagine the hours I spend in there when we visit relatives in England and I "quickly pop" into Primark. My purse is never a happy bunny after a Primarni splurge!

From time to time it is nice to just pop down to the beach to catch up on some tanning, but I always seem to end up looking more like a tomatoe than a sun kissed babe! Not only do I love a bit of sun but makeup, fashion and photography are on the top of my list of favourites. Oh and of course watching some sneeky youtube now and again instead of doing homework...WOOPSY.

It was makeup gurus and bloggers who got me interested in blogging in the first place so I thought I'd share some of my favourites:

Of course there is the stunning PersianBabe: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePersianbabe
The beeeuttiiffuull Zoella: http://www.youtube.com/user/zoella280390 who also has a very pretty blog: http://schoee.blogspot.com/
And last but not least the hilarious and gorgeous Louisa (I love being a Sprinklerino): http://www.youtube.com/user/Sprinkleofglitter

They all have incredible fashion tastes and makeup tutorials, which I must admit I have used on a number of occassions when I'm in one of those truly uninspiring moods. They're all an instant pick me up and I would definately reccommend subscribing to them!

I hope you enjoyed this first blog post and fingers crossed you'll enjoy any posts which will follow!

But most of all I hope you have a So Very Pretty Day!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment